Our Church History
St. Mary’s Orthodox Church, Nerul
Since 1985, Orthodox believers of Nerul node were attending the Holy Mass at St. Thomas Church Centre, Vashi and prayer meetings had been going on at members’ residences on Sundays at Nerul, led by Rev. Fr.Thomas Varughese and Rev. Fr.T. U. Thomas.
With the expansion of the township and a surge in Orthodox believers, St Mary’s Congregation came into existence. On 19th September 2004, Rev. Fr. T. E. Isaac celebrated the Holy Mass and this service went on twice monthly till the congregation was declared as a parish by His Grace Geevarughese Mar Coorilose on 4th of December 2004.
Initially we had 49 members, but by the Grace of Almighty, we have at present 113 members.
From 2004 till now, the following Priests served as Vicars’ in this church:
During this period, Sunday services were conducted at different places like CIDCO Community Hall; Nerul, Meridian Apartments; Sector 6 – Nerul, St. Augustine’s High School; Sector 11 – Nerul, Municipal High School; Sector 4 – Nerul, Municipal High School; Sector 20 – Nerul.
On 16th March 2011, the church members with the combined efforts of Rev. Fr. M. E. Joseph and managing committee formed a trust named ”St Mary’s Orthodox Trust” and registered with the Charity Commissioner, Thane.Subsequently, with the co-operation and efforts of the members, we could purchase a 3 BHK flat at Sector 27, Nerul (East) in the year 2012. This in factwas a great achievement for us.
Spiritual organizations like Sunday School, MGOCSM, OCYM, MMVS and Cottage prayer meetingsare functioning regularly under the leadership and guidance of our Vicar, Managing Committee and above all, by the blessings of our beloved Thirumeni, His Grace Geevarghese Mar Coorilos.
Members of Youth Movement of Nerul Parish visited an Ashram School at Chirner, Uran on 15th October, 2014, under the leadership of Vicar Fr.Thomas Mathai.
Ashram School is run by an NGO,who takes care of educating tribal Children in an around Raigad district. Youth members were happy to provide one time dinner to 250 Children studying in that School.
They were also given a kit consisting of daily needs to each and every student.The Principal Mr. More expressed his heart felt gratitude on behalf of the students as well as the staff for coming and spending valuable and constructive time with the students. He also mentioned that “this was the best Diwali gift that the children had received in the recent time”.
Name: Rev.Fr. Thomas Mathai (Manish)
Date of Birth: 4th November,1979
Date of Marriage:
Family Name: Polachira
Parents Name: MrP.K.Mathai and Susan Mathai
Native Place Address: Polachira House, Puthupally P.O, Kottayam
Home Parish: St George Orthodox Church, Mulund
Home Diocese: Bombay
Local Parish: St George Orthodox Church, Mulund
Qualification: MA, B.D, M. Ed
Seminary Period: 2003-2008
Sub Deacon: 10th May 2007 by H.G.Geevarghese Mar Coorilos
Deacon: 10th May 2008 by H.G.Geevarghese Mar Coorilos
Priest: 12th May 2008 by H.G.Geevarghese Mar Coorilos
Name of Spouse: Mrs.Shinu Thomas
Name of Children: Mathew Thomas & Suzanne Thomas
Residential Address: Row house No.5, BindalSoceity, Plot No. 14, A, Sector 8, Airoli, Navi Mumbai, Maharasthra
Parishes Served: St Marys Orthodox Church, CBD Belapur (2008-2010)
Mar Gregorios Orthodox Church, Tharapur (2008-2010)
St George Orthodox Church, Sakinaka (2010-2011)
St Marys Orthodox Church, Nerul (2011 Onwards)
Tel. Land Line: 022:27600124 Mob. 9768109388
Present Positions holding: Administrator, St Mary’s JNP School
Position Held: Vice President, MGOCSM, Bombay Diocese
Achievements: Best outgoing student of STOTS Nagpur (2003-2008 batch)
We are immensely delighted to present before all the faithful of our Diocese, the new venture under the banner of Spiritual Revival Programs, the First of its kind: ‘A Weekend to Remember’ – Family Revival Get Together.
It is all the more appropriate to introduce the same during the year 2014, which is dedicated as ‘Family Sanctification Year’. The Event will be held from Friday the 28th to Sunday the 30th of November 2014 at the Indira Institute of Business Management Plot No. 2, Sector 9, Sanpada, Navi Mumbai-400 705.
The theme for the Conference shall be “God’s Purpose & Plans to Oneness “
We therefore, urge all couples in our Diocese, up to the age of 45 to attend this Family Get Together and achieve spiritual and moral strength to confront the challenges of today’s Christian Married Life. There will be sessions led by eminent and skillful Marriage Seminar Experts.
The last date for Registration is 31st October 2014 and Registration Fee Rs. 1000/- per head and Rs. 300/= each for kids above the age of Four. As we have limited space for accommodation in the Campus, the registration shall be strictly on the First come First Basis.
For more details and Registration please contact Rev Fr Thomas K. Chacko (Powai) Cell No: 9892 899 596.
Many people do not know that there is an essential difference between the Protestant Churches and the Orthodox Church concerning the Bible.
This is not only seen in the attitude towards the Bible and the way of interpreting individual texts of it, but also in the number of books contained in the Bible.
The contents of the Bible are known as the Canon in its technical sense. As far as the Canon of the New Testament is concerned, all the Churches in the East and West follow the list prepared by St. Athanasius of Alexandra, the stalwart of the Council of Nicea in his Easter letter of AD 327.
It put an end to the disputes between Eastern and Western Churches concerning the content of the New Testament and it was established that 27 books from St.Mathew to the Book of Revelation would from the New Testament .
The Orthodox Church of India considers the Syriac Peshitta version as its Bible. This was originated in the Aramaic speaking world of the Jews in the dawn of the modern age. The peshitta means ‘simple’ and the version was more or less the same as Septuagint in content. That is why we teach the 46 Old Testament books and include the seven books in our liturgical life
Christian community at Nashik did not have their own worship place. A congregation was formed in 1953 at Deolali for Nashik, Ojhar and DeolaliMalayalee Christians. As the strength of the Orthodox Christians increased, the “Holy Qurbana” was conducted on possible occasions. Members from Ojhar Township had started Ojhar Orthodox Syrian Congregation, established in the year 1972 with 35 families. Initially the congregation used to get service of a Priest from St Marys OSC, Dadar, only of 5th Sunday of the month. Later, due to the permission of Late Lamented H.G.Dr. Philipose Mar Theophilus, former Metropolitan of the Diocese of Mumbai, the service is regularized once in a month since August 1974.
His Grace, elevated the congregation and regularized the same as an official Parish of the Diocese of Bombay on 6th April 1980 vide his order No 32/80 dated 14th April 1980 as St Gregorios Orthodox Church. Holy Qurbana is conducted on third Sunday of every month. Members are employees of HAL and few are from 11 HRD Air force. Rev. Fr.ThomasKurian, Rev.Fr.George Joseph, Fr.P.J.James, Rev.Fr.P.Jesudasan, Rev.Fr.VargheseYohanan, Rev.Fr.P.C.Thomas, Rev.Mathew Mathew, Rev.Fr.Abraham Joseph,Rev.Fr.M.B.George, Rev.Fr.Thomas Varghese,Rev.Fr.ThomasMyalil, Rev.Fr.ShajiChacko, Rev.John Thomas have served as vicars in the previous years.
At present Rev.Fr.ThomasPhilipose, a youngPriest, is the Vicar of our Parish, and having 6 families. Holy Qurbana is conducting on 3rd Sunday of every month. We the Managing Committee and Members of the Parish are grateful to these shepherds who strived hard for upbringing of our parish.
In the early late seventies a good number of Malayalees immigrated to Ahmed Nagar for seeking better job opportunities and many Orthodox Christians found their jobs in military establishments, State, Private and Public sectors and some of them found their own business opportunities also.
That time, there were no organizations or fellowship of Malayalees here. The Malayalee Christians, according to their convenience, attended the worship of CNI, Catholic Churches.On 22nd July 1978, some of Christian from Orthodox, Catholic and Marthoma churches came together and they formed a congregation in the name of St Mary and they conducted worship in the CNI, Catholic Churches here. On 10thseptmber 1978, Orthodox Christians conducted a General body under the Presidentship of Rev.Fr.ThomasKurian and Achen celebrated at first Holy Qurbana at St Johns Roman Catholic Church. From 1978 to 1988 regular services of the Orthodox and Marthoma rites started and held alternately and members of both Churches participated the services of each other.
On 2nd October 1998, the constituents’ partners of the St MarysChristian Congregation decided to have their own independent Churches and separated and hence dissolved the St MarysChristian Congregation and continued to conduct their worship separately. A plot jointly owned by Mr Peter Kurian and Thomas Mammen sold, and the amount got utilized for purchasing a plot for Orthodox Church at Bhingar, Ahmed Nagar.After a long period , the dream of constructing a Church came true, when we could purchase a plot for constructing a Orthodox Church.The construction of an independent Church was a milestone in the History of the Orthodox Christians in Ahmed Nagar.. This dream came to fulfillment when the foundation stone was blessed by H.G.Dr. Philipose Mar Theophilus the then Metropolitan of Bombay Diocese on 15th August 1995 and the same stone were handed over to Rev.Fr.JacobKoshy.The construction of the Church was completed within Two years under the able leadership of the then Vicar Jacob Koshy. With the blessings and consent of H.G. H.G.Dr.Philipose Mar TheophilusRev.Fr.JacobKoshy, visited different parishes of Mumbai Dioceses and collected a substantial fund for the Church construction. On 29th and 30th November 1997, His Grace Geevarghese Mar Coorilos Metropolitan, consecrated the new Church.
This Parish is having 10 families, at present, and having one Sunday service in a month, apart from Sunday service monthly prayer meetings are conducting at different houses of the members. Parish Feast is conducting on every year August 15.
Rev.Fr. Jacob Koshy, Rev.Fr.M.B.George, Rev.Fr. Jogy George, Rev.Fr. ShajiChacko, Rev.Fr.GeevargheseIype, Rev.Fr.ThomasPhilipose have served as vicars in the previous years.At present Rev.Fr.YohananK,Professor of Old Testament, STOTS, Nagapur,is the Vicar of our Parish.HolyQurbana is conducting on 3rd Sunday of every month. We the Managing Committee and Members of the Parish are grateful to these shepherds who strived hard for upbringing of our parish.
St. Gregorios Orthodox Syrian Church, Dhule is the first Parish of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, under Diocese of Bombay, in the northern region of Maharashtra and situated around 330 kms from Diocesan headquarters. In the early sixties a good number of Malayalees immigrated to Dhule for seeking better job opportunities and many Orthodox Christians found their jobs in State, Private and Public sectors and some of them found their own business opportunities also. That time, there were no organizations or fellowship of Malayalees here. The Malayalee Christians, according to their convenience, attended the worship of CNI, Catholic Churches. It was in the year 1984, our Late Lamented Metropolitan Dr.Philipose Mar Theophilus visited Dhule and established this Congregation. Rev.Fr.Jesudasan was the first Vicar of this Congregation and conducted worship in the St.Annes Catholic Church, with the permission of the Vicar, that time.
From the year 1991 onwards His Grace Geevarghese Mar Coorilos visited Dhule, giving encouragement and motivation to the Orthodox Christians here. In the initial period the Priests from St.George Orthodox Church, Nasik (i.e. 155 kms away from Dhule) led the worship. In the year 2008, as part of reorganization of this congregation His Grace, instructed, Rev. Fr.ThomasMyalil, then Vicar of St. George Orthodox Church, Nasik, to visit Dhule and to reorganize the Orthodox Christian Community. With the initiative of Fr. Thomas Myalil, Holy Qurbana was being celebrated once a month. In the initial period Holy Qurbana was conducted in different houses, especially in the house of Mr.P.V.John and then the Holy Qurbana was being conducted in the nearby Syro Malabar Catholic Church, in the evening of the first Sunday of every month. After 4 months, Fr. Thomas Myalil was transferred to Doha. Then Fr. ShajiChacko from Nasik continued to visit Dhule for one year. In June 2009, H.G.Geevarghese Mar Coorilos, the Metropolitan of Diocese of Bombay appointed Fr.ThomasPhilipose as the Vicar of this Congregation. From August 2009 onwards Holy Qurbana was being celebrated every month regularly at Syro Malabar Catholic Church on every First Sunday morning at 11 a.m. More than 120 people attended Holy Qurbana regularly. Faithful are coming from Dhule and surrounding places like Nandurbar, Dondachah, Malegaon, Jalgaon, Challisgaon, Thaloda, and Sinkheda. Some of them are coming from 200 kms away. There are around 30 families scattered around 300 kilometer radius and at present the Parish is having 21 subscribing families.
Under the leadership of Vicar Rev. Fr.ThomasPhilipose the Church Members raised Rs. 15 lakhs and purchased a small property, admeasuring 2850 Sq.feet land (around 7 cents) with an old building, in the city on 15th February 2010. The old building is renovated to a chapel by the hard work of parishioners. With the permission of Diocesan Metropolitan, Vicar Rev.Fr. Thomas Philipose, temporally consecrated the new chapel and celebrated the first Holy Qurbana, on 13th June, 2010. His Grace Geevarghese Mar Coorilos consecrated this Chapel on 12th and 13th of November, 2011 and declared as an official Parish and Church under Bombay Diocese. By the Grace of God, the Church purchased nearby admeasuring 1784 Sq.feet land on 19th November 2010 for Rs.50000, and at present the Church is having admeasuring 4631 Sq.feet land.
At present the Church is having 21 families and conducting 2 services in a month on every first Sunday morning at 9 a.m and on third Sunday evening. First Sunday service is approved by the Diocese and third Sunday service is conducted with the special interest of the Vicar, as per the parishioners’ request. Church is very blessed with the support and guidance of St.Thomas Orthodox Theological Seminary, Nagpur. The Priests from Seminary is occasionally visiting, especially on third Sundays, and celebrating Holy Qurbana. On the other Sundays, in the absence of Holy Qurbana, the regular morning prayers are offering. On every Fridays, the faithful assemble in the Church and conduct regular intercessory prayer meeting from 10 a.m to 12.30 p.m. Faithful are receiving immense blessings and experiences from God through the intercessory prayers of St.Gregorios of Parumala.
For a congregation existing for the last 25 years, it was an ambition, an unfulfilled dream to have a Church building of its own. Dhule is situated in the northern region of Maharashtra and known as a Tribal district. The Orthodox Christians residing in this backward region are doing small scale business in national and state highways and some are working in small scale industries. Even though we are facing severe financial constrains we collected Rs 15 lakhs and purchased this small piece of land in the heart of the city. Lot of work is left. Let us hope and believe, the God Almighty will help and guide us to build a new traditional Orthodox Church in Dhule in true orthodox flavour.
Rev. Fr. N Rev.Fr.Jesudasan, Rev.Fr.Jiji K Thomas, Rev.Fr.ThomasMyalil, Rev.Fr.ShajiChacko, Rev. Fr.ThomasPhilipose, Rev.Fr.Dr.Bijesh Philip have served as vicars of Orthodox Congregation, Dhule for the previous years. At present Rev.Fr. Joshy P Jacob is the Vicar of our Parish. We the Managing Committee and Members of the Parish are grateful to all shepherds who strived hard for upbringing of our parish.
May the intersession of our Patron Saint St Gregorios of Parumala, be a strong fortress for us.
Christian community at Nashik did not have their own worship place. A congregation was formed in 1953 at Deolali for Nashik, Ojhar and DeolaliMalayalee Christians. As the strength of the Orthodox Christians increased, the “Holy Qurbana” was conducted on possible occasions. Members from Ojhar Township had started St Gregorios Orthodox Church as their own.
In the year 1983 some of the Orthodox believers took initiative to meet then Metropolitan of Bombay Diocese Late Lamented H.G.Dr.Philipose Mar Theophilus for the establishment of a parish at Nashik.The request was approvedand the parish was named by ValiaThirumeni as “St George Orthodox Church, NASHIK. Rev. Fr.N.S.Varghese was appointed as the first Vicar of our parish. We had conducted the Holy Qurbana at the parishes of other demonization especially at infant Jesus Shrine at Nashik Road. Our parish was registed under Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 as a Charitable Trust with registration No.D-9 Nashik dated 06/12/1985.
After a long period of almost 9 years, the dream of constructing a Church came true, when we could purchase a plot of land having 602 sq.meters at Indira Nagar, Nashik. The foundation stone was laid by H.G.Dr. Philipose Mar Theophilus the then Metropolitan of Bombay Diocese. It took about four years to complete the construction. Though many tasks were considered as difficult it had become very easy by the intersession of our Patron Saint St.George and with the cooperation of all parish members and our well wishers. With their persistent hard work, the consecration ceremony was conducted in the year conducted the year 1996 by His Holiness Baselius Mar Thoma Mathew II. A “Cross Voult”, in the name of Mother Mary was consecrated by H.G Geevrghese Mar Coorilos on 7th September 1998. The hall and V.I.P room were constructed on the first floor and consecrated on 1st May 2004 by the H.G.Yahanon Mar Militheos Metropolitan of Trichur Diocese.
The year 2012, the Church is celebrated the 30 th year (Pearl Celebration) of her establishment. The pearl celebration of the Church was officially inaugurated by H.G.Geevarghese Mar Coorilos, the Diocesan Metropolitan on 1st May, 2012.
The following programmes were conducted as the part of Pearl Celebrations.
- Marriage Aid for two persons
- EducationalScholarship for poor and needy students.
- Blood Donation and Medical Camps.
- Charitable Medical Clinic for the poor at Church premises.
- Publication of Church Directory.
- Public function with the cooperation of other sister churches at Nashik.
At present the Parish is having 118, subscribing members. All the spiritual organizations are functioning well. Sunday School is functioning every Sunday after Holy Qurbana.We are having 6 prayer meetings in a month in four areas such as CIDCO, Nashik Road, Sharanpur and Satpur.Marth Mariam Samajam is also having 6 meetings in four areas. Apart from these area wise meeting, there will be a joint meeting in Church at second Sunday of every month and a fasting prayer on every first firdays at the Church.MGOCSM is very active and conducting meetings on every 2nd and 4th Sundays. MGOCSM is publishing a monthly magazine “Nuharo” for the last one year. Youth Movement, Elders Forum, BalaSamajam and DivyaBodanam classes are functioning very well.
Rev. Fr. N.S. Varghese, Rev.Fr.Jesudasan, Rev.Fr.VargheseYohanan, Rev.Fr.P.C.Thomas, Rev.Fr.Jiji K Thomas, Rev.Fr.JoseChemman , Rev.Fr.Dr.Shaji P John, Rev.Fr.ThomasMyalil, Rev.Fr.ShajiChacko, Rev. Fr.John Thomas and Rev.Fr.Thomas Philipose have served as vicars in the previous years.
At present Rev.Fr.Paul Mathew is the present Vicar of our Parish. We the Managing Committee and Members of the Parish are grateful to these shepherds who strived hard for upbringing of our parish.
The Malankara (Indian) Orthodox Church was founded by St.Thomas, the apostle of Jesus Christ in AD 52, and this year the Church is celebrating her 1960 anniversary and 100th year of relocation of Catholicate of East in India. St.Marys Orthodox Syrian Church, Aurangabad, is a Parish of Malankara Church, under Diocese of Bombay. We are very much proud of being the members of this ancient Church.
In the early sixties a good number of Malayalees immigrated to Aurangabad for seeking better job opportunities and many Orthodox Christians found their jobs in military establishments, State, Private and Public sectors and some of them found their own business opportunities also.
That time, there were no organizations or fellowship of Malayalees here. The Malayalee Christians, according to their convenience, attended the worship of CNI, Catholic Churches. It was during 1966, some of the Malayalee Christians of Cantonment area gathered together and formed prayer fellowship. They conducted worship in the CNI, Christ Church, with the permission of the Vicar, that time.
Later the prayer group was named as “Malayalee Christian Congregation and efforts were made to have Malayalam Holy Qurbana here, and it was in the year 1968, Rev.Fr.MoothedomCorEpisscopa visited Aurangabad and celebrated the Holy Qurbana at Holy Trinity Church, for the first time in the history of Aurangabad Orthodox Christians. Inspired by the first Holy Qurbana, many priests from Bombay, Pune and Hyderabad, visited Aurangabad occasionally and celebrated Holy Qurbana according to Orthodox as well as Marthoma rites. Here we are thankfully remembering the names of Rev.Fr. A.M.Varghese from Hyderabad, Rev.Fr.P.J.James from Mumbai and Very.Rev.Fr.K.I.PhilipRamban for their selfless sacrificial services to this community. After conducting services in different Churches and houses, when the number of Orthodox Marthoma Christians increased, they jointly purchased a plot in Nandanvan Colony and built a small Church there and formed “Malayalee Christian Congregation Community Centre”. His Grace Geevarghese Mar Coorilos, Diocesan Metropolitan of Bombay of the Orthodox Church, consecrated the Church on 2nd October 1991.Regular services of the Orthodox and Marthoma rites started and held alternately and members of both Churches participated the services of each other.
Rev.Fr.M.B.George was appointed by His Grace Geevarghese Mar Coorilos, the Diocesan Metropolitan, as the first resident Vicar of St.Marys Orthodox Church, in the year 2000. After Fr.M.B.George, Rev.Fr.Mathew Mathew, and Rev.Fr.Joji George served as the resident vicars of Orthodox Church of Aurangabad. In the year 2005, the constituents’ partners of the Malayalee Christian Congregation decided to have their own independent Churches and separated and hence dissolved the Malayalee Congregation. The Malayalee Christian Congregation was a great experience of cooperation, brotherhood, Christian love and the finest example of Ecumenism.
The Orthodox Community purchased a plot in Firdous Garden, Padegaon, under the leadership of Rev.Fr.Joji George and the construction of the Church was completed within six months under the able leadership of the young energetic priest Rev.Fr.ShajiChacko. With the blessings and consent of H.G. Geevarghese Mar Coorilos Metropolitan, Fr.ShajiChacko, visited different parishes of Mumbai Dioceses and collected a substantial fund for the Church construction. The construction of an independent Church was a milestone in the History of the Orthodox Christians in Aurangabad. This dream came to fulfillment on 6th February 2005, when Very.Rev. Fr.K.I.PhilipRamban, laid the foundation stone in the presence of then Vicar Rev.Fr. Joji George. On 11th and 12th November 2005, His Grace Geevarghese Mar Coorilos Metropolitan, consecrated the new Church. The Parsonage was concecrated on 17th January 2008. Fr.ShajiChacko transferred in the year 2008 and Rev.Fr.Dr. GeevargheseIype, appointed as the new Vicar.
In the year 2009 Rev.Fr.Joshy P Jacob was appointed as the Vicar and Rev.Fr.ThomasPhilipose was appointed as the Assistant Vicar and Resident Priest of this Parish. St Mary’s Orthodox Syrian Church, Aurangabad was established in 2005 and in the year 2005 itself, the Church have been registered as a trust in the Assistant Charitable Commissioner Office, Aurangabad, under the Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 bearing registration No. E 1079 dated 17-12-2005.
As per the direction of the Holy Episcopal Synod of the Church, most of the parishes outside Kerala Dioceses are registered as Trusts according to the local situations, for getting the acceptance and recognition of the respective states or Governments. Since all the parishes are bound by the rules and regulations laid in the Constitution of 1934, the same constitution should be reproduced and submitted before the Honorable Charity Commissioner. It is allowed to prepare and formulate according to local situations but cannot change any rules and regulations laid in the Constitution of 1934. That means even though the Parish is registered as a public Trust, the Parish should be governed and ruled by the articles and traditions of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. Unfortunately, the Scheme submitted by St.Marys Orthodox Syrian Church, Aurangabad before the Honorable Charity Commissioner in the year 2005 was with many contradictions with the Constitution of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. Some of the articles in the trust deed No.E 1079 are entirely against the rules and regulations laid in the constitution of 1934. According to the registered deed, the power of general management of the Parish was vested in Parish Managing Committee and not with the General Body. The Management committee has the right to expel any of the parish members, without the permission of General body, Diocesan Metropolitan and even the Malankara Metropolitan. The Trust law empowered them to sell or lease any of the property of the Church either by the Auction or by private contract. This trust deed created many administrative and operational constrains in the Parish. With the view to overcome this administrative crisis and operational constrains the General Body meeting of the Parish , unanimously passed the resolution amending the clauses of the existing rules and regulations of the Trust deed E. 1079. The said General Body proposed amendment, with signature of Diocesan Metropolitan and copies of the resolution were submitted to the Charity Commissioner office. By the grace of God, we got the verdict, completely in favour of our Church. The Mahalokadalat held at Charity Commissioner Office, Aurangabad, on Sunday, September 18, 2011, declared that St Mary’s Orthodox Church, Aurangabad should be governed as per 1934 Constitution of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church.
This Parish is having 44 families, at present, and having three Sunday services, and apart from the Sunday services , all the feasts (MoronayaPerunals) of the Church is conducted regularly by the full time resident Vicars of the Parish. Area wise prayer meetings are conducted thrice in a month, Sunday school and Marth Mariam Samajam are functioning very well. With the great cooperation of MGOCSM and Youth members, the Christmas Carols and Church Feast on every year January 15 is conducted regularly. OVBS is conducted on alternative years under the leadership of brothers from Nagpur Seminary.
We Pledge and affirming our loyalty to His Holiness Moran Mar BaseliusMarthomasDidymos I ValiyaBava, His Holiness Moran Mar BaseliusMarthomaPaulose II, the Catholicos of the East and Malankara Metropolitan and to His Grace Geevarghese Mar Coorilos , the Metropolitan of Diocese of Mumbai and to all Metropolitans of the Holy Episcopal Synod of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church and the Constitution of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, formulated in 1934, and we will always be loyal to this great ancient Church. We praise and thank God Almighty for the guidance and blessing for the yester years and pray, that this Church, continue to remain as a worshiping place and a blessing to many, and for the future generation, spreading the love of God. May the God Almighty bless us.