By the grace of God this year Bombay Orthodox Convention concluded successfully. Around 3000 faithful of Malankara Church from Gujarat, Nashik, Pine and from all over Mumbai city gathered at St Marys Ground, Vashi for the Mega Convention on 28th February.
The eminent Gospel Convention Speaker, Very Rev.Mathai Edayanal Cor.Episcopal was the main Speaker of this year conventions. His Grace Geevarghese Mar Coorilos, the Diocesan Metropolitan presided and His Grace Yuhanon Mar Policarpos, the Metropolitan of Ankamaly inaugurated the convention .
There were special sessions for the kids, Teens,Youth and Elders lead by eminent personalities like Rev.Fr.K.Y.Elias, Rev.Fr.Anish Mathew, Fr.Robins Daniel and Mr. John. Regional conventions were held at St.Gregorios O.S.C for Gujarat region on 25th.February, at St.Paul’s O.S.C for Central region on 26th February and at St Johns O.S.C for Western Region on 27th February.
Dearly Beloved in Christ,
By the grace of God, we are glad to inform you that, the Bombay Orthodox Convention 2016, will be held on 26th, 27th and 28th February, as per schedule mentioned herein below.
Eminent Gospel Convention speaker, Very Rev. Mathai Edayanal Cor Episcopa will be the main speaker of this year Convention.
- Central Region : on 26th February 2016, Friday, 7.oo.p.m to 9.00 p.m at St Pauls Orthodox Church, Powai
- Western Region: on 27th February 2016, Saturday 7.00 p.m to 9.00 p.m at St John’s Orthodox Church, Andheri.
- Diocesan Centre Gospel Convention: on 28th February 2016, Sunday 6.00 p.m to 9.00.p.m at St Mary’s School Ground, Vashi.
- The Gospel Convention and meeting at St Mary’s School, Ground, Vashi will be presided by H.G.Geevarghese Mar Coorilos, the Metropolitan of Diocese of Bombay and inaugurated by H.G.Yuhanon Mar Polycarpos, the Metropolitan and President of OCYM.
- There will be special sessions for Kids, Teens, Youngsters and Elders by eminent speakers from 4.00 p.m to 6.00.p.m
Faithful are requested to attend the gospel conventions and sessions to receive great blessings through the word of God. All are welcome.
AURA 2015, CHRISTMAS CAROL SINGING COMPETITION AN EVENT UNDER THE BANNER OF MGOCSM (DIOCESE OF BOMBAY) WAS HOSTED BY MGOCSM, ST. PAUL’S ORTHODOX CHURCH, POWAI ON 13TH DECEMBER 2015 AT ST. XAVIER’S HIGH SCHOOL, KANJURMARG.
AROUND 15 CHURCHES ACROSS BOMBAY DIOCESE PARTICIPATED THE COMPETITION.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE RESULTS OF AURA 2015 COMPETITION
1ST RUNNER-UP – ST. MARY’S ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL, DADAR
2ND RUNNER-UP – ST. GEORGE ORTHODOX CHURCH, BORIVILI
3RD RUNNER-UP – ST. GEORGE ORTHODOX CHURCH, MULUND
4TH RUNNER-UP – ST. THOMAS ORTHODOX VALIYA PALLI, MALAD
A SPECIAL THANKS TO H.G.GHEEVARGHESE MAR COORILOS (METROPOLITAN OF DIOCESE OF BOMBAY) SPENDING THE WHOLE DAY WITH HIS BELOVED MGOCSM STUDENTS.
Sakinaka Orthodox Convention & Harvest Festival
From 28th Thursday to 31st Sunday, January, 2016
Dearly Beloved in Christ Jesus
By the Grace of God, the Sakinaka Orthodox Convention and the Harvest festival of our Parish is conducting from 28th Thurday to 31st Sunday, January, 2016.
Sneha Sandhesham, the official gospel team of Malankara Orthodox Church has agreed to lead this year convention. There will be special intercessory Prayers for the Students, Youth, Families and Sick.
- Rev.Fr.Geevarghese K.K. Nallila
- Rev.Fr.Shibu Tom Varghese, Thiruvalla
- Br.Aji Varghese, Sultan Battery
- Br.C.V.Jose, Kundara
- Br.Biju Varghese, Thiruvalla
- Br.Sajan Varghese, Kurunagapaly
On 31st Sunday, the Harvest Festival of this Parish will conduct, after the Holy Qurbana. All are requested to come and participate in the convention and Harvest Festival with prayers
May God Bless us
As we continue our pilgrimage and pass through the advent days to approach the manger to worship the one who came down from above leaving all the glory and majestic position to save whole creation we have great joy to greet you and joining all of you to praise Almighty God, the Father who send His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ who took avathara and became man and the Holy Spirit who continues to bless, guide and empower us.
Manger reminds us of the great mercy, love and concern even for the poorest of the poor, immense of possibility even for the frail and weak to step up the ladder towards the riches above and assurance of the heavenly package even to the downtrodden and the marginalized.
The Silver Star reminds us of the permanent invitation to enter into the great glory of God, great privilege to worship the loving living God and to surrender ourselves with all the worthy offerings including ourselves though we are not worthy to be presented before God.
The Holy family reminds us of the purification we have to undergo, the immense possibility to improve the quality and interpersonal relationship, the great call to witness in the community as parents or children, the great bond between the family members even with the animal kingdom and the nature, the wonderful hospitality we are called to extend and the nuclear unit of a worshipping community.
The company of the Holy family, the angels and the heavenly realm, the shepherds, the wise men and the animals and birds remind us of the entire creation coming and living together in harmony and enjoying the worship and the heavenly treat from above.
The world – the entire creation is progressing in many ways which assures of the talents given to humanity to develop and improve all the riches to be used for glorifying God and strengthening the humanity. The misuse of the talents and perversions to the filthy things, deviation from the worthy things lead us and the creation to unhealthy and unworthy experiences. Christmas always reminds us and paves the way to come back to the Lord, worship Him properly, celebrate life with the heavenly realm, saints and the departed. May the wonderful presence of God Almighty and laudable thoughts and messages bring us together to have meaningful worship, wonderful fellowship and common witness as we enter into the New Year. The concern for the poor and the needy is to be the fashion and passion of christens who celebrate Christmas and count down towards New Year.
May God Almighty bless all of us to have a very blessed Christmas and New Year.
Geevarghese Mar Coorilos Metropolitan,
Diocese of Bombay
H.G, Geevarghese Mar Coorilos, the Diocesan Metropolitan of Bombay has informed that the Annual Diocesan General Body Meeting of the Diocese scheduled on 28th November is postponed to 14th December, 2015 (Monday) with the Agenda given below, at 10.30 a.m at Vashi Aramana, under the Presidentship of the Diocesan Metropolitan.
- Prayer&Welcome Speech
- To read the notice Kalpana
- Presidential Address
- To read and Confirm the minutes of the previous Meeting
- To discuss the matters arising out of the minutes
- To present and pass the Annual Report
- To present the internal and the Statutory Auditors reports
- To consider and adopt the accounts for the year 2014-2015
- To appoint the Internal Auditor for the year 2015-16
- To appoint the Statutory Auditors for the year 2015-16
- Implementation of new Pension/Medical/ for priests as per salary commission report 2013.
- To discuss the Episcopal Golden Jubilee of the Late Lamented H.G.Dr.Philipose Mar Theophilus and 40th Anniversary of the Diocese of Bombay
- To discuss the implementation of salary yearly increment 5% increase of salary quota.
- To discuss the vision and mission of the Diocese and mentally challenged children project at Roha.
- To discuss and decide the Tithe collection
- Progress and development of MOCCB
- Any other matter with the permission of the Chair
- Vote of Thanks
- Prayer and Benediction.
The representatives elected from the Parishes to the Diocesan Assembly along with the Vicars are advised to attend the meeting on time. The Priests meeting scheduled to be held on 14th December is preponed on28th November. All priests are requested to attend the meeting on time.