Clergy meeting held on 27th November
A Clergy meeting of Bombay diocese held at Vashi Aramana, under the president-ship of H.G.Geevarghese Mar Coorilos the Diocesan Metropolitan. After the prayer, welcome speech by the Rev.Fr.M.B.George, Rev.Fr.Sam Oommen Panakkamattom delivered the devotional message.
Following were the main agenda
1. Election of New Vaideeka Sangam secretary and other appointments
2. Discussion on Spiritual revival programme activities
3. Any other matters permitted by the chair.
Clergy meeting congratulated Rev.Fr.Jacob Koshy and Rev. Fr Paul Mathew, who were completed the successful 25 years of their priestly ministry.
The meeting also welcomed and congratulated the newly ordained priests Rev. Fr.Thomas K.Chacko (Rijo Achen) and Rev.Fr.Varghese Thomas (Joemon Achen), on behalf of priestly community of Bombay Diocese.
Clergy meeting expressed deep condolence on the sad demise of Father in Law of Rev.Fr.Thomas Myalil.
After the the Presidential address by His Grace, the clergy meeting elected Rev.Fr.Saji Thannimootil as the new Vaideeka Sangam Secretary. Also elected Rev.Fr.Benjamin Stephen to the executive committe of Bible society Mumbai Auxiliary.
His grace informed the clergy meeting that, the present Vaideeka Sangam Secretary, Rev.Fr.M.B.George is appointed as the Assistant Vicar of Baharin Parish and newly ordained priest Rev.Fr.Thomas K Chacko assigned as the Vicar of Surat Parish.
After the elections, meeting evaluated the arrangements of Family Conference at Sandapa conference to be held from 28 to 30th November.
Meeting fixed the dates of following programmes
1. Priests family conference : 25th to 27th December,2014
2. Gloria 2015: Bombay Orthodox Convention: 21 to 25th, January 2015 to be led by H.G.Dr.Yuhanon Mar Chrostomos.
3. Annual retreat of Priests: 17 to 19th, February,2015, to be led by Rev.Fr.Boby Jose Kattiakdu
4. Tithe awareness programme will conduct immediately after Diocesan Convention in the month of February.
Meeting concluded with closing prayer and benediction.
Report prepared by Rev.Fr.Thomas Philipose