Gregorios Orthodox Church, Ojhar, Nashik
Christian community at Nashik did not have their own worship place. A congregation was formed in 1953 at Deolali for Nashik, Ojhar and DeolaliMalayalee Christians. As the strength of the Orthodox Christians increased, the “Holy Qurbana” was conducted on possible occasions. Members from Ojhar Township had started Ojhar Orthodox Syrian Congregation, established in the year 1972 with 35 families. Initially the congregation used to get service of a Priest from St Marys OSC, Dadar, only of 5th Sunday of the month. Later, due to the permission of Late Lamented H.G.Dr. Philipose Mar Theophilus, former Metropolitan of the Diocese of Mumbai, the service is regularized once in a month since August 1974.
His Grace, elevated the congregation and regularized the same as an official Parish of the Diocese of Bombay on 6th April 1980 vide his order No 32/80 dated 14th April 1980 as St Gregorios Orthodox Church. Holy Qurbana is conducted on third Sunday of every month. Members are employees of HAL and few are from 11 HRD Air force. Rev. Fr.ThomasKurian, Rev.Fr.George Joseph, Fr.P.J.James, Rev.Fr.P.Jesudasan, Rev.Fr.VargheseYohanan, Rev.Fr.P.C.Thomas, Rev.Mathew Mathew, Rev.Fr.Abraham Joseph,Rev.Fr.M.B.George, Rev.Fr.Thomas Varghese,Rev.Fr.ThomasMyalil, Rev.Fr.ShajiChacko, Rev.John Thomas have served as vicars in the previous years.
At present Rev.Fr.ThomasPhilipose, a youngPriest, is the Vicar of our Parish, and having 6 families. Holy Qurbana is conducting on 3rd Sunday of every month. We the Managing Committee and Members of the Parish are grateful to these shepherds who strived hard for upbringing of our parish.