New Seven Deacons will ordain for Bombay Diocese. Six will be ordained tomorrow (23rd April) at Vashi Aramana
Tomorrow, April 23rd, 2015, H. G. Geevarghese Mar Coorilos, the Diocesan Metropolitan has consented to ordain six students studying at St. Thomas Orthodox Theological Seminary, Nagpur (STOTS) for the Diocese of Bombay to the order of Sub-Deacons (Yavpadyakno) at St. Thomas Aramana Chapel, Vashi. These six candidates have become eligible for Ordination on the successful completion of four years of training in the Seminary. A unique aspect about all of them is that they are brought up in Mumbai. Since they belong to five different Parishes, the Ordination service will be held at the Diocesan Centre.
The seven candidates are:
- John Mathew (St. Thomas Orthodox Vallyapalli, Kalyan West)
- Anish Chacko(St. Thomas Orthodox Vallyapalli, Kalyan West)
- Jobin Varghese (St. George Orthodox Syrian Church, Kalyan East)
- Bejoy George (St. Mary’s Orthodox Syrian Church, Ulhasnagar)
- Raji Varghese (St. George Orthodox Syrian Church, Mulund)
- John Mathai (St. Mary’s Orthodox Syrian Church, Dombivili)
- Aashu Alexander (St George Orthodox Cathedral, Trivandrum)
Brother Aashu Alexander is studying at Orthodox Theological Seminary (Old Seminary, Kottayam). His ordination will be at his mother parish St George Orthodox Cathedral, Trivandrum, by H.G.Geevarghese Mar Coorilos on May 2nd 2015. Br.Aashu Alexander is also born and bought up in Mumbai, a former member of Dadar Cathedral. But he opt to study his theological studies at OTS, Kottayam
We request the prayers of all faithful for the blessed Ordination Service and future ministry of all these Seven candidates.